From your first enquiry to your first tenants, our Buy-to-Let purchase plans work in a similar way to a conventional mortgage.
Why finance your Buy-to-Let with us?
We provide a range of Buy-to-Let property finance solutions for UK residents, UK Expats, International residents and UK registered corporate entities looking to purchase or refinance residential investment property across England and Wales.
Our Buy-to-Let purchase plans offer you a Shariah-compliant alternative to a mainstream Buy-to-Let mortgage, with competitive rates and an ethical approach. You can use it just like a conventional mortgage to buy or refinance your property.
With a Buy-to-Let purchase plan you buy the property jointly with us - your deposit is your stake, and we fund the rest. Once all your payments are made, you acquire the property and the deed of the property transfers to you. You are free to sell the property any time, and there are no early payment charges.
Our Buy-to-Let services include:
- Portfolios welcome – no limit on the number of properties (maximum finance £5m)
- Finance available to individuals (employed, self-employed and contractors) and UK registered corporate entities which include Limited Companies, LLPs (Limited Liability Partnerships) and SPVs (Special Purpose Vehicles)
- Day one refinances from cash and bridging purchases permitted
- Green Finance Products are available to both new and existing UK resident customers which carry a discounted rate of 0.10% off the standard product rate (terms apply, see eligibility below)
- Finance available for Houses and Flats (including new build)
- Finance permitted for HMOs (Houses in Multiple Occupation) and MUFBs (Multi-Unit Freehold Blocks) with no upper limit on rooms or flats. (Please note that HMO finance is not available to International residents)
- Available to first time landlords where existing property ownership is not a requirement
- No early payment charges on any product
Am I eligible?
You can apply for Buy-to-Let finance if you meet these criteria:
- Buying or refinancing property in England or Wales
- Seeking finance of at least £75,000 and up to £5m
- Minimum age 21 years; no maximum age limit at end of finance term (terms apply)
- Green Finance Products are available to UK residents only for finance products under £500,000 where properties have an EPC rating of A or B. More information can be found here
- We do not have any minimum income requirement for self-funding BTLs unless you are a first-time buyer or first-time landlord. Where applicable, we will require proof of income (minimum £15,000 from one applicant) to meet our requirements
- Applications for BTL Portfolios, HMOs and MUFBs are welcome from applicants who have either 2 years letting and financing experience as a standard BTL landlord or 1 year as an HMO landlord
- All applicants must be able to read, speak and understand English to a level that they are fully aware of all obligations and requirements when entering any financing arrangement with the Bank
- We will consider finance applications from applicants residing in over 150 different countries. For more details see our Home Finance Applications - Countries Checklist.
Here to help
To help answer all your questions, we have a comprehensive FAQ section. We also have some handy calculators you might find useful, along with details of all our products. Links to these pages can also be found below.
We have a team of experienced and qualified staff on hand to help you every step of the way. We only offer an execution-only (non-advised) service for our Buy-to-Let customers.
UK Residents (individuals with a single property) - Find out how much finance we could provide in around 10 minutes by completing an online Decision in Principle. We will provide you a personalised indication without impacting your credit score. Get a Decision in Principle
For Portfolios, HMOs, MUFBs, UK registered corporate entities, UK Expats / International Residents – Simply get in touch by using our online enquiry form, or alternatively you can telephone us - find out the different ways to get in touch
Buy-to-Let purchase plans - the mortgage alternative for landlords
Our Calculators are here to help
Buy-to-Let Affordability Calculator
Our calculator covers Buy-to-Let (BTL), Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) and Multi-Unit Freehold Blocks (MUFB).Go to calculator
How much will it cost me?
Find out how much your monthly payments could be.Go to calculator
Rental Yield Calculator
Find out what your gross and net rental yield could be on any single property or your entire portfolio.Go to calculator
What our customers are saying about us
“I spoke to an adviser. She was very professional and she made the initial application (assessment) process seamlessly pain-free. I found her trustworthy, honest and customer focused. She took ownership of my case from start to the end. She is a true professional and a customer focused person.”
– Muhammad K, BarkingApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“Excellent communication and service. Was always updated at every stage. A specific thanks to the adviser who was always on hand to answer and inform me every step of the way.”
– Farham P, LeicesterApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“I approached Gatehouse Bank as the products aligned to my personal values. I worked with the adviser who is a true asset to the Bank, communication was very prompt and detailed and the adviser was well versed with the products. I completed the purchase of an auction property. The adviser was able to advise, guide and help to progress forward my application to ensure I completed in time. The product I chose was for a multi-unit purchase in a limited company, as an expat working and living outside the UK during the COVID19 pandemic, so my case was not a straight forward finance. I will be using Gatehouse Bank again.”
– Mukhtul I, QatarApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“I recently got a BTL product with Gatehouse Bank. The adviser was of great help in explaining the process and was available to answer all queries. The process did take a while to complete, so don't be afraid to inquire about processing times so you know the timescales you are working to.”
– Mr Girach, LeicesterApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“Thank you for your exceptional professionalism and the timely manner in which you dealt with all my queries.”
– Junaid A, LondonApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
“I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for your professionalism, integrity, patience and understanding due to the tight deadline. You have exhibited a solid understanding of my needs as a customer. I am sincerely grateful to have your guidance, advice and cooperation. You have shown that everything is possible because professionalism, quality and persistence exist in your company.”
– Sokrates I, OmanApply for Buy-to-Let products and Contact Us
These products fall outside the scope of regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Property values might increase or decrease and might not provide adequate income to cover your finance payments and associated costs.
YOUR RENTAL PROPERTY MAY BE AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP THE PAYMENTS ON YOUR BUY TO LET PURCHASE PLAN.