Job title: Home Finance Sales Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Alongside the Head of Direct Finance, the Home Finance Sales Manager has responsibility for ensuring that all the direct to consumer finance activities of Gatehouse Bank (GHB) are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements and treating customers fairly.
The role is required to ensure governance frameworks are maintained and updated as approved by the Board and Committees of GHB within agreed risk appetite limits.
The role holder is responsible for recruitment, new entrant induction, line management, oversight compliance reviews and ongoing training activity for each adviser, whilst adopting a risk based approach to establish whether additional supervisory checks are required.
The role holder will have responsibility for ongoing training and development of advisers, ensuring that they attain and maintain competent adviser status.The role will involve day to day oversight of the Intermediary Telephony Business Development Managers whose report line will be the Head of Intermediary Business Development.
Gatehouse Bank plc is a Shariah-compliant challenger bank based in London and is part of the Gatehouse Financial Group of companies. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Founded in 2008, the Bank operates in accordance with Shariah principles and offers savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
- Adviser & Team Support Recruitment
- New Adviser induction
- Identifying specific individual Adviser training needs
- Conducting all supervisory and training activity to support adviser’s attainment of Competent Adviser Status
- Conducting all supervisory and training activity to support advisers maintaining competency
- Conduct monthly 1:1 performance review with direct reports
- Documenting all activity undertaken in Adviser T&C files
- Adopt a risk-based approach to all supervisory activity conducted
- Ensure Advisers use effective questioning skills to establish customer needs, recommend products and service to customers for whom they are suitable as part of a full advice and recommendation service delivered over the telephone.
- Ensure that all advice is given based on a full and detailed fact-find which complies with both the Bank’s and its Regulator’s requirements.
- Ensure Advisers present appropriate recommendations in a clear, concise and accurate manner, both verbally and in writing. Comply with the Bank’s requirements for the content and format of the information provided.
- Supervision of the Advisers, ensuring that best practice is identified and shared amongst them, and that each individual contributes effectively to the achievement of the Bank’s business objectives, conducting training and coaching as required to maintain Adviser competence and to develop and improve skills
- Ensure Advisers project a professional image to customers and colleagues. Build strong customer relationships and provide an excellent customer experience, whilst adhering at all times to Bank procedures and the FCA’s MCOB regulations and guidance.
- Day to day oversight of the TBDM team based in Milton Keynes including acting as a point of reference for technical knowledge queries
- Work effectively with colleagues within Operations and other departments to provide a high standard of customer service and to meet the Bank’s goals.
- Work effective with colleagues within Compliance and Operational Risk to ensure bank procedures are adhered to
Required knowledge & skills:
- Previous experience as a Competent Mortgage/Home Finance adviser
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage risk, compliance and control activities
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Experience within the specialist Buy To Let mortgage sector
- Computer literate with an ability to work with common IT platforms
- Team player and excellent relationship builder
- Driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage products (inc. Secured Lending)
- Risk awareness
- Regulatory standards awareness
- Influencing skills (negotiation, persuasion, leadership)
- Internal collaboration with key departments (Compliance, Risk, Operations, Marketing)
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private medical insurance
- Group dental insurance
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com