Job title: Head of External Communication
The Head of External Communications will plan and lead on all external communication (excluding direct customer communication), promoting and protecting the Bank’s reputation across all external stakeholders. The individual will build creative, newsworthy thought leadership campaigns to further build and develop the reputation of Gatehouse Bank with external stakeholders and influencers.
Gatehouse Bank is a subsidiary of Gatehouse Financial Group Limited, which is a holding company for Gatehouse Bank (based in London and Milton Keynes) and Gatehouse Capital (based in Kuwait). Gatehouse Bank is a Shariah-compliant bank offering savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
• Planning and implementing the Bank’s PR strategy and activities – through media engagement (briefings, releases, editorial, events) to generate positive proactive and reactive coverage within agreed budgets and timescales
• Organise and manage the external PR agency and maintain regular meetings regarding progress of PR success
• Reporting on PR activities and achievements
• Creating and managing coverage, leveraging coverage through the Bank’s social media channels
• Maintain and develop existing and new press relationships
• Develop internal spokespeople profiles and provide coaching
• Protecting - Manage and maintain the compliance requirements for PR and any other corporate responsibility, ensuring full knowledge and training of requirements.
• Identify and develop thought leadership opportunities
• Work with other members of the communications team (marketing communication, brand, product, internal communication) to activate joined-up, multi-channel content
• Managing and responding appropriately to any press enquiry
• Connect any PR related activities with other marketing opportunities
• Be a brand champion for the Bank, ensuring all communications accurately and positively reflect our brand values and behaviours
• Playing a key role in the Communications team – Collaborating and sharing your knowledge and insight with team members and helping them to develop their understanding of Public Relations / supporting colleagues during large corporate events.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
• A mid-level professional with strong experience of running a wide variety of PR campaigns in financial services
• Experience of producing and implementing award-winning PR plans
• Ability to identify and promote the value of PR through reports and presentations
• Commercial insight and a strategic thinker
• Ability to build credible relationships quickly and with integrity – with both external and internal stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills both orally and written
• Experience of managing external agencies
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A flexible approach
• Ability to prioritise and plan workloads effectively.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
• An understanding of Shariah Finance
• Strong presentation skills
• Awareness of different media agendas
• Established relationships with relevant publications
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
• 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
• Pension Plan
• Private medical insurance
• Critical illness cover
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com