Job title: Compliance Officer
- To support the DMLRO in discharging their AML Financial Crime responsibilities to the Bank.
- To demonstrate a good knowledge of relevant regulatory handbooks, sourcebooks, guidance and best practice, applying it to the business model of the Bank (e.g. JMLSG, SMCR, GDPR, SARs, FCA Handbook –SYSC, MCOB, COCON, DISP, SUP 16 )
- To assist the VP Compliance Officer & Deputy MLRO in ensuring that the Bank remains fully compliant in discharging its Compliance & AML obligations and to identify any instances of Financial Crime, Fraud, ABC, Conflicts of Interest, breach of or non-adherence to ML regulations
- To assist in the undertaking of compliance monitoring of the Banks adherence to policies and procedures in working practice throughout the operational environment within various business lines of the Bank
- To assist in the AML aspects of the various business lines in ensuring appropriate compliance oversight (adherence to ML Regulations 2017, JMLSG, Internal policy and procedures, and other associated relevant regulatory rules).
Gatehouse Bank plc is a Shariah-compliant challenger bank based in London and is part of the Gatehouse Financial Group of companies. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Founded in 2008, the Bank operates in accordance with Shariah principles and offers savings products and finance for UK commercial and residential real estate, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments with a focus on the build to rent sector.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of relevant regulatory handbooks, sourcebooks, guidance and best practice, applying it to the business model of the Bank e.g. ML regulation 2017, JMLSG, Sanctions regime, Bribery Act, SMCR, GDPR, SARs, FCA Handbook –SYSC, MCOB,COCON, DISP, SUP 16.
- Supporting the DMLRO in delivery of the financial crime monitoring and Compliance Monitoring programme
- Assisting the DMLRO in monitoring the design and effectiveness of financial crime controls across the Bank
- Assisting in the review of the firm’s policies and procedures for countering the financial crime risk and meeting regulatory requirements
- Making sure the first line of defence (1LOD) teams understand the financial crime risks relevant to their area
- Overseeing, directing and quality assuring the work of KYC Analysts/ Specialist
- Periodically evaluate existing Clients according to established policies and procedures, including verifying that Bank’s (due diligence) standards are complied with
- Acting as a point of escalation for high risk or complex financial crime compliance queries and issues
- Perform further investigation on identified suspicious client and client’s transactions (SARs) and report to DMLRO
- Giving expert technical advice to the 1LOD within various areas of the business on financial crime compliance matters
- To assist in the delivery of training to the employees both ad-hoc and bespoke to ensure that the employees remain competent.
- Collaborating across the business and running regular financial crime assurance meetings to discuss risk and compliance issues with key stakeholders.
- Regulatory Horizon scanning
- Exploring new ways to streamline, automate and enhance Bank’s approach to MI and Financial Crime Compliance and looking for ways to improve second line of defence oversight of financial crime
- Supporting the DMLRO in preparing monthly reports for the various Bank committees relevant to financial crime and other compliance matters and escalate any key or high risk issues
- Supporting the DMLRO in compliance monitoring, Incidents and Breaches reporting, Audits (internal/external) /FCA requests, Conduct Risk events, Regulatory filing and reporting, SMCR applications
- As required, travel to Milton Keynes office to provide compliance assistance.
International Compliance Diploma (ICA), CAMS or other relevant qualification
Certified Fraud Examiner
Required skills & knowledge
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in 2nd line financial crime function in a regulated financial services environment
- Experience in compliance monitoring and policy writing is a must;
- Familiar with key financial crime laws, regulation and guidance and can communicate requirements clearly and accurately.
- Good decision-making, time management and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of excel with the ability to analyse data to make accurate reports reflecting the risk analysis of Bank’s customers and compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures relating to analysis procedures is vital to the role.
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels;
- Self-starting and able to work autonomously; Must be innovative, providing solutions which are appropriate for the business and fit for purpose.
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private medical insurance
- Group dental insurance
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@gatehousebank.com